When users submit tracks to WashU Epigenome Browser, the tracks need be served under an HTTP/FTP server which supports byte range requests, cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive doesn't support this feature, thus they could not be used for hosting tracks used for the Browser. However, users could choose either asking the WashU Browser team to host the track or using the services provided by CyVerse.
Hosting track by WashU Browser team
- Users are welcome to contact us for hosting your track data, a URL like http://wangftp.wustl.edu/~dli/institution-username would be provided for accessing the data. The last par of URL could also be randomly generated upon request.
Hosting track by CyVerse
- create an account at CyVerse. Open https://user.cyverse.org/, click Register button, fill all the information on the form.
- After submitting the registration form, you will receive an email with validation link, click that link to validate your account. After validation, you should be able to login to the CyVerse system.
- We will need to use the Discovery Environment services, click this menu.
- The main interface of Discovery Environment
- Click the Data button and select the Upload menu in the popup window
- You can either upload the data from your local computer or from a URL.